Sunday 21 February 2010

Celebs as monsters

There are quite a lot of famous people I know about who have played a monster type role in a movie or tv show or have dreamed of playing a role like that.



More than a few famous actors have played a variation of Dracula, Frankenstein or the werewolf (or any werecreature in general) in a movie or tv show with the help of incredible makeup artists like Stan Winston or Rick Baker.

And it's not just those classic monsters in particular that have been portrayed by celebrities, there's other mythological creatures/beings that have been portrayed by a famous actor/actress in a tv show or movie as well as some well known ones like Satan who was portrayed brilliantly by quite a few different actors - but the most famous example of this is Tim Curry as the Lord Of Darkness in the film Legend.

And i'm sure there are a lot of celebrities that have dreamed of playing a character like that in a movie or tv series - or even to be featured in a Marvel comic teaming up with a crime fighter like The Hulk or Spiderman (or to be turned into a monster of some kind in said comic).

And someday I hope to lend my invention the monster morpher to some famous people, as I am sure a lot of celebrities out there would love to see what it's like to actually be a monster instead of just playing one.

In fact, for a long time I had been thinking that a movie based on Disney's tv series Gargoyles would be a pretty awesome idea, and I think it would be great if they made one.


If I was offered the chance on making a movie based on this awesome tv series - I'd jump at the chance to do it.

I'd have gone  with John Candy as Broadway - but I fear that it may be impossible now since John's dead (coincidentally, John was also in mind to play the role of the Penguin in Batman Returns), so I possibly might go for Phillip Seymour Hoffman or Jack Black instead.

I for one also think that it would be cool to see Carmen Electra play SheHulk or even Demona - she's got the look for it. Plus it would probably be a great career move for her - she could really use one after being stuck in the Seltzerberg rutt of lame parody movies.


I know that Bruce Campbell got to be undead in Evil Dead II for a while and also in Army Of Darkness.

I know that quite a few famous people who got to play Batman villains in movies based on the comics, especially Jim Carrey (Riddler, 1995 Batman Forever), Michelle Pyfifer (Catwoman, 1992 Batman Returns), Jack Nicholson (Joker, 1989 Batman), Heath Ledger (Joker, 2008 Dark Knight), Danny Devito (Penguin, 1992 Batman Returns), and Tommy Lee Jones (Two-Face, 1995 Batman Forever).


I'd love to see Jeff Goldblum play Manbat in the new Batman film installment if there is one.
There are quite a lot of famous people who have played a monster or would love to play one in a movie or tv show.
 
 
So here's my challenge, tell me the name of a famous actor/actress that you like or one you would like to see play a monster type role and tell me what kind of monster you'd like to see him/her play and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment