Monday 16 August 2010

Blender's worst songs

I read on a Meatloaf fansite that the song I'd Do Anything For Love (But I won't do that)  was on Blender Magazines list of worst songs ever.      Now I think this is a tad unfair,   as I love Meatloaf -  he's a great singer and his songs are so poetic.      They also said that it was 'aping'   Paradise By The Dashboard Light with the girl/boy conversation part,   when technically it's not 'aping' ,  it's teen angst and girl/boy relationships -  something that Jim Steinman is quite good at writing about in songs.    And also it seems to me that they didn't understand what the 'won't do that'  part of the chorus means,   they should have listened to it more -  that way they would have been able to understand it. 

Because if you listened closely,  you'd know that the thing that he won't do for love is cheat -  he won't cheat.   


Here's the link to Blender's 50 Worst Songs article:
http://www.blender.com/lists/61412/the50worstsongseverwatchlistenandcringe.html

Here's the link to the article an editor from the Meatloaf fansite wrote about an email he sent to the editors of the magazine:
http://www.fitz42.net/meatloaf/blenderletter.htm

And I think I agree with what that guy said,    the people at Blender have to be out of their mind to say that I'd Do Anything For Love is one of the worst songs ever.   

I can't believe the people at Blender would say that sort of thing about one of Meatloaf's songs,    I mean Meatloaf is like the Pavarotti of rock music.

I'm sure you guys would all agree with me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment