Saturday 7 August 2010

Monster origins

Today's topic is all about monster origins.    I'm going to tell all you guys about how my love of monsters and transformations started.

I'd have to say my love of monsters originated back in the 80's with films like Gremlins as well as shows like Tales From The Darkside and Tales From The Crypt.




As far as transformations go, for me it was American Werewolf In London along with The Fly, and also Willow. When it comes to transformations, grinches are my speciality. I just love doing human to grinch or human to weregrinch transformation sequences because I think it would be quite facinating to see how the process itself would go.



The inspiration behind Bunyip of my closet monster gang is based on an old Australian myth about a water creature refered to as a bunyip and it just so happens to be a marsupial, also Bunyip is named after title character from the well known Australian children's book The Magic Pudding, if you haven't heard of it you can look it up.



Presto is mainly inspired by Robin Williams as the Genie in Aladdin as well as Flabber from Beetleborgs. I based Mitchell on the Maestro from Ghosts.



Also my weregrinch form Growler is partially inspired by quite a few of Jim Carrey's characters including The Grinch, Fingerling, Ace Ventura, and The Mask.



Bruce for the main part is inspired by and named after Bruce Campbell and is modelled after Ash from the Evil Dead films and also in a way kind of acts like him.



Scare Bear is partially inspired by the Child's Play films along with the Night Of The Living Dummy 3 episode of the Goosebumps tv show as well as Talky Tina from The Twilight Zone and the dummy from the film Magic. He is also inspired by a plush bear series titled Werebears, if you haven't heard of them you can look them up also.





Ted and Jasey are based on Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees and are pretty much a lot like them.


Grincherella the shegrinch is kind of Shehulk inspired, I used Carmen Electra as the inspiration behind her human form as Grincherella does resemble Carmen when in human form - and I also imagine Carmen playing her in a movie based on my Monster World series.

 
Where did your love of monsters and transformations orginate?   What show or movie got you interested in them?    Don't be afraid to share with us your stories of  where your love of monsters started.
 
And also note to DG,  Hbomberguy and Anon -  stay the hell away from my blog,  I don't want you Metoturds infecting everything with your awful evil touch of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment