Thursday 24 March 2011

About the weregrinch

Hi,   Nathan here.  

Now you're probably why I came up with the werejohncandy and weregrinch and all those others,   well they are my original werecreature creations and all,   but you see I was trying to poke fun of the whole werecreature genre in general.  

As you know the were in werewolf means man so I decided to lampoon it a bit when I came up with the werebelushis and werejohncandy.    

That  and all of the other good werecreatures had already been done to death,   well except for weredinosaurs or weregodzilla types,   although the Oozaru from Dragonball Z could qualify as a weremonkey/weregorilla of sorts as it is a king kong type creature.

There was no way I was going to be a werebird,   not only does my mother hate them but I also don't like the idea of turning into one,   the beak growing part would be rather gruesome if you ask me.

Also wereinsects of sorts would be too much like The Fly and said transformation process would be quite grotesque,  almost David Cronenbergish.

As for werereptiles,  they're okay but the constantly shedding of the skin would be a constant nightmare,  although it would be cool to be a chameleon,  they can change their colour so they can blend in with their surroundings.

As for any wereungulates of any kind such as sheep,  cows,   pigs,  or goats would be sort of a nightmare come true for me as I have an aversion to them.    Especially cows.   Goats wouldn't be too much of a problem,  unless of course they're either a weregoat or a demongoat (no not DG of that-site-that-shall-not-be-named).

Any sort of were-version of a mythical animal would be quite difficult to accomplice as seeing as some of them are already half human.

I'm happy with any wererodent really even wererats or werebeavers or anything like that,   even a werechipmunk would be kind of cool.    Wonder if you can teach one to sing.  

I have heard many stories about werepokemon,   like a werepikachu now that would be cute and frightening. Of course the one pokemon you can't do a were-version of would be Ditto since Ditto can already shapeshift.

Also it saddens me that there aren't any werepandas mentioned in stories or in the movies,  same with weremarsupials for any kind -   well except for that Howling film Howling III:  The Marsupials.

The werebat thing would be kind of cool but then again,   it would be kind of like being a vampire except without the thirst for human blood.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. I love your werecreatures, and those were good ways to make fun of werecreatures. How about weredogs, like a werenewfoundland, a weregoldenretriever, a weresamoyed or a werekeeshond? I'd like to turn into a weresamoyed or a weregoldenretriever.

    So now that you have admitted being a woman, and for which I admire your honesty and have forgiven you, what do you think of the idea of a transformation into me? I still have that potion I made, if you want any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and yes that would be so cute.

    The werebelushi thing in my Animal House fanscripts was a nod to John Landis's other work - an American Werewolf in London because he directed both of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. :)

    So what are your thoughts about transforming into me now that you have admitted to being Mariana Hanks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good but i'm going to say no, i'm happy being me.

    ReplyDelete