Saturday 12 March 2011

Feeling Blackadderian

I'm mostly known for liking 80's movies and music especially John Candy movies but there has one show that has always had a special place in my heart and that is the extremely clever British comedy series Blackadder,  in fact is the very show that made me a fan of  Rowan Atkinson in the first place.     It's such a hilarious and brilliant series,   and so many memorable lines are in too.    I know the lines from every episode by heart and can recite them rather well,    I especially do Edmund's lines well and almost in a near perfect deadpan impersonation of Rowan's voice.      

 In fact when I read them out with my friends I always choose to play Blackadder,  that way I can always be sure that i'm the smartest one in the group.

I use a lot of Blackadder's lines in conversation sometimes including insults,   one of my alledged usernames on Blues Brothers Central was Blackadder IIII,   and I used a Blackadder line to voice my opinion on a plot concept another forum made up for a Blues Brothers prequel,    unfortunately like all the other times I got scolded at and got unjustly banned.    I guess the people on that forum didn't understand British humour,  either that or they hadn't heard of Blackadder.     But you know...Takkuneg and the others shouldn't have done it when I wasn't even trying to troll them,    I was just giving my honest opinion on them.

Blackadder has inspired many of my stories,   I once did a Blackadder fanscript set in the days of Vlad the Impaler with Blackadder as a vampire,    I also wrote a Blackadderish retelling of the Oddysey inspired by an  episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.       There's a If Yugi-Oh was a British comedy skit I wrote which was Blacckadder inspired.

I've written quite a few transformation stories involving myself turning into Edmund Blackadder and also did one of my dad turning into Blackadder as well,    one of my most recent was a Blackadder take on the classic fairy tale The Frog Prince -   which was gender reversed and it was a Princess who was turned into a frog.

John Lloyd once stated that Baldrick represents the everyman but I don't think Baldrick represents me in the least,   I'd have to say i'm more like Blackadder.    

Call me crazy but I think I may have some Blackadderian blood in me,    I might in fact be a descendant of the Blackadder family.     Which probably explains why i'm so damn smart and the fact I tend to sound like Rowan Atkinson when I talk,  and also my sense of humour.  

Of course if you know-who and his blog were still active and not removed off Wordpress,   he'd probably be posting all sorts of nonsensical articles about me and my love of Blackadder like those other insulting articles he wrote.    

But if he knew what a Blackadder family member is capable of,    I would probably have blackmailed him and wrote up an article all about HIM,   thus humility the poor bloke and he'd have to hide away in shame.

I hear they're planning to redo Blackadder in America and have it set in New York with Steve Martin as the Blackadder role and Rob Schneider as Baldrick,      but don't fear Blackadder fans -   it is just a rumour and probably won't happen.      Blackadder is perfect the way it is,   and that is how it shall stay and how it shall always be remembered -   as the pure piece of British genius that it is.

I heavily recommend watching the show as I think it's brilliant,    and that anyone who doesn't like it should just sod off and die.

Here are some good Blackadder website links:
http://www.lunaestas.com/blackadder/
http://www.blackadderhall.com/home.html
http://blackadder.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder

And here are some great Blackadder videos,   now be sure to share these with your mates:



















No comments:

Post a Comment