Friday 25 September 2009

Costume stunts

Michael Jackson once went in public as the Mayor from Ghosts. No one reconised him.

It kind of reminds me of a similar costume stunt we did for halloween in 2007, the theme was 80's movies so I went as John Candy, I looked very convincing as him- nobody could tell it was me. The fact I had been practicing my John Candy impersonation for a long time kind of helped. I do quite a good John Candy impersonation you know, I can do his voice rather well as well as his laugh. One person went up to him and said "John, I loved you in Uncle Buck, Stripes, Splash, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and then asked me for an autograph, in which I gave one- in character. The next day my brother (dressed as Bill Murray in Stripes) and I took part in a parade.Another memorable costume stunt I did was when we making the film version of Leno, I went around town as Jay Leno interviewing people like the real Jay did during the Jaywalking segments of the Tonight Show and again, I was very convincing, no one could tell it was me. They thought I was the real Jay. The makeup artist who did my Jay Leno makeup also did the makeup for my John Candy halloween costume and also for numerous other films and tv shows of ours including those various commericals in which I turn into our mascot Chumsley the werejohncandy. Chumsley was a fun character to be. I was the guy in the Chumsley suit for the short lived children's show Chumsley's Clubhouse which was kind of like the Doizee Club.Our friend Weremoose once went to work dressed as Beast from X-Men. He has a picture of that on his deviantart page. This year for halloween I'm thinking of going as a hybrid of Michael Jackson and the Jim Carrey version of the grinch. I went as Michael Jackson for halloween once, it was a lot of fun. I was Bad Era Michael.My brother and I are no strangers to the art of disguise. We pull off all sorts of crazy costume capers. My earliest example of this being the time I dressed as a wolf and scared the heck out of some people who were watching a horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment