Friday 30 April 2010

My kind of comedy

When it comes to comedy movies I like retro comedy from the 70's, 80's, 90's as well as ones in the 00 era, among my favourite comedians are John Belushi, Chris Farley, John Candy, Richard Pryor, Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kiniston, Andy Kaufman, George Carlin, Robin Williams and Jerry Seinfeld, as well as Dan Akyroyd, Eugene Levy, any and all members of the Hollywood frat pack, Johnny Carson, Jim Carrey and Eddie Murphy - we also love British comedians such as John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson (BlackAdder was one of the most clever shows on tv, not to mention so many memorable lines), Hugh Laurie (Yes, he's British) and Eddie Izzard.

Also I'm a proud Monty Python fan, i've seen Meaning Of Life, Life Of Brian and The Holy Grail - I find them all to be very entertaining and funny. The killer bunny scene and the two headed giant are my favourite parts of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, as for my favourite bit in Meaning Of Life i'd have to say it is the scene with Mr Creosote the exploding fat guy.


I also heavily enjoy the work of Jeff Dunham - his wacky puppet characters are extremely fun to watch, my favourites are Achmed, Walter, Bubba J, Peanut and Melvin.


I also love South Park and The Simpsons as well as Family Guy and Robot Chicken, i also am a huge fan of the series Celebrity Deathmatch.


I love good original comedies with heart and lots of good humour, but I do adore Jim Carrey movies especially Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, Once Bitten, The Grinch, Lemony Snicket's A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Yes Man, and Bruce Almighty - I also love his more serious films like The Cable Guy and The Number 23.



I also love dark comedies like Beetlejuice and Nothing But Trouble - which by the way is actually not as bad as the critics said it is - it actually is balls out funny. Dan Akyroyd directs it and also plays two roles in it - also starring in it are Chevy Chase , Demi Moore and John Candy who plays two characters in it as well.


Now i'm not much into political humour but I do really enjoy watching The Daily Show With John Stewart and The Colbert Report. I think Stephen is a good role model for anyone even if they're not from the USA.



I do like the Tonight Show and while I am sort of a fan of Leno's, I do find that some of his jokes aimed towards other celebrities can be a little offensive especially the ones he made about Michael Jackson (including that fake interview he did). And also I do think that late comedian Bill Hicks was right about Jay when he made fun of him in his Artistic Roll Call routine.


I also adore the Evil Dead trilogy - the first one was a horror, the second one was a horror comedy and the third one was a horror/comedy/action film. There are so many reasons why I love these movies but the one reason i love it so much is because of Bruce Campbell - I mean who doesn't love that guy? I love all the 3 Stooges homages in Army Of Darkness. Ash has got all the best oneliners in that movie. My favourite scenes including the scene with the mini Ashes, the skeleton arms scene and the creation of Evil Ash. Gotta love the dance that Evil Ash does when he's taunting the good Ash by singing.."Little goody two shoes, little goody two shoes."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment