Saturday 29 May 2010

Old school disney and fox kids

I loved old school disney channel and fox kids as well as toon disney and nickelodeon,  of course my favourite old school Disney cartoon series was Gargoyles -  because it was dark and edgy and very cleverly written.

The characters were very complex and interesting to boot,   my personal favourite gargoyle was Broadway,  i also liked Goliath and Hudson.     One of my favourite episodes is High Noon,  where Demona (the villainess gargoyle)  has a spell cast on her that makes her human by day but reverts back to her gargoyle form at night.    She also has an immortal bond with Macbeth - as the two of them both feel the same pain.

I also love the episode Eye Of  The Beholder which features the character Fox (a red haired woman and member of The Pack who looks a lot like my friend Andria - that is except for the star shaped birthmark she has around her left eye) -  now in this particular episode she and Xanatos get engaged,  unfortunately the present he gives her is a jewel which causes her to turn into a werefox.

I wish they bought old disney channel back  - the only good show on it these days is Phineas and Ferb which is a brilliant song - and the two boys remind me of what me and my brother used to be like as kids.   And Perry the platypus is simply adorable - and he's also a secret agent.

If I had a second tv station other than the one i had now it would have all those great shows from 90's Disney channel,  fox kids and Nickelodeon on it -  as well as some of the shows that are on my own tv channel such as Closet Monsters: Defenders Of The Night,  Millitary Koalas,  Herodale College,  Horror Hotel,  and Chumsley's Clubhouse.

It would have themed weekdays as well such as Superhero Saturdays (superhero cartoons) ,   Monster Mondays (monster themed shows),   Action Tuesday (action shows),  and Wacky Wednesday (funny cartoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment