Wednesday 24 June 2009

My career in theater

Me and my brother have been in quite a few productions. We're part of a big acting troupe. We're in all lot of shows together.


The name of our acting troupe: The Grand Players.


Members



  • Me (nickname: Dr Music or Doc M)

  • My brother (Nickname: Dr Critic, not in any way related to Amiright commentator Mr Critic)

  • Nigel Darkwing (nickname: Nigel Von Sinister)

  • Sam Leno (nickname: Chinstar, because of his resemblance to Jay Leno and because of his lantern jaw of justice)

  • Tyrone DeSoto (nickname: Tyrone The Terrible)

  • Matthew D. Ozmodious (nickname: Master Of Oz)

  • Jake DeSoto (Nickname: Crazy Jake)

  • Kirsty (nickname: The Enchatress)

  • Darwin Chance (nickname: Captain Comedy, or sometimes rubberface because of his resemblance to Jim Carrey)

  • Joshua Loius Belushi (nickname: JoshMaestro, he sometimes goes by his tv trope nickname Werejoshpeckprince)

  • Jade Belushi- his sister (nickname: Samurai Superstar)

  • John Hemmerson (nickname:

Non human members:



  • Chumsley the werejohncandy

  • Doizee

  • Kevin the koala (he's a puppet that our friend/mentor the Master Of Oz has as a part of his act)

  • The Happy Me-To You Tribe Mushabelly Band.

List of plays i've been in

  • Beauty And The Beast (as Gaston)
  • La Vampiro (as Dracula)
  • Phantom Of The Opera (as Erik)
  • Cats (as Rum Tum Tugger)
  • Joseph and the Technicolour dreamcoat (as Benjamin)
  • Leno (as Jay Leno, Iron Jay, Beyondo, Evil Jay, Billy Tuttle, and Mr Brain)
  • Pirates Of Penzance (as the pirate king)
  • Oliver (as Fagin)
  • Annie (as Rooster)
  • Rocky Horror (as Dr Everrett Scott)

The story of how I got the part of Rum Tum Tugger in Cats: I auditioned for the role of Macavity, I passed the audition but got turned down because the casting director said I wasn't evil enough. So I ended up being cast as Rum Tum Tugger instead.

The story of how I got the part of Gaston in BATB: A talent agent saw my performance as Jay Leno in Leno and thought that I'd be perfect for the role of Gaston. So when I did my audition for the part I gave it my absolute best, and it blow them away- the casting director immediatley said..."Congratulations, you've just got the part!".

The story of how I got the part of Dr Everrett Scott: I auditioned for the role of Dr Frank N Furter but I didn't get picked- Tyrone the Terrible got the part. However, I was good enough to get the role of Dr Everett Scott. My brother played Eddie (the biker dude played by Meatloaf in the movie).



1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind me telling you this, but Mr Critic (not Dr Critic) is actually Alan, my husband. Impressive resume, by the way.

    ReplyDelete