Wednesday 4 November 2009

Dan McCloud: Makeup Artist

My brother's best friend is a MJ fan and a makeup artist- his name is Dan McCloud- he's done the makeup for quite a few of our productions for example he did my Jay Leno makeup for the stage and film version of Leno (I looked just like the real Jay), the funny thing is that no one could tell it was me-on the tonight show when we were promoting the movie version of it I showed Jay a publicity shot of myself in the "Jay" makeup and Jay was really impressed- he said that it was a perfect likeness. I played more than one character in Leno though, in addition to playing Jay, I also played some of his old tonight show characters. I wore a fatsuit with the Jay makeup to play Billy Tuttle (the overweight fast food restraunt owner), I wore a superhero type muscle suit with the Jay makeup to play Iron Jay (the musclebound fitness guru), a really big wig and glassess with the Jay makeup to play Mr Brain (the sarcastic genius) , I had my face pointed blue and had elf ears to play Beyondo (the big floating head), and had vampire fangs, red contact lenses and my face painted grey to play Evil Jay (Jay's evil twin). I had a little bit of fun with the Jay Leno makeup sometimes I went around town as Jay and interviewed people. You can get a Jay Leno makeup appliance in the costume store me and my brother run, you can also get a werejohncandy appliance and several different contact lenses.

Dan's also done the makeup for those commercials where I turn into Chumsley the werejohncandy (Chumsley was a fun character to be, I quite liked it).

No comments:

Post a Comment