Friday 27 November 2009

Leno

Top ten things I really liked about it:


1. Getting to play not only Jay but his old tonight show characters as well.

2. The makeup. Very realistic. You couldn't even tell it was me.

3. The music. The music was very very nice.

4. The songs. The songs were a lot of fun. Again me and my brother wrote most of them with help from Chinstar and Tyrone The Terrible.

5.The special effects. There's some pretty cool special effects in both the stage and film versions of Leno. I liked the floating head effect we used for Beyondo- the glowing eyes were very cool. The lasers, flames and other pyrotechnics were awesome. I liked the flying across the stage during the Iron Jay musical number- that was fun.

6.The story. My brother and I first thought of the idea in early 2007, the story is quite a touching inspiration one- it's kind of like Jay's book Leading With My Chin- which is refered to as a title in the song Jay sings in the big finale titled Lead With Your Chin.

7. The screenplay. Words cannot describe how amazing the screenplay was. My brother and I wrote that all in one week.

8. The characters. The characters were a lot of fun especially the ones I got to play. Jay was a great role and I got a lot of critical acclaim for that part and won a Tony award, I looked very convincing as Jay- the makeup was so clever no one could tell it was me. All of Jay's tonight show sketch characters were really fun to play.





9. The premiere party. We had this huge Leno premiere party at Chinstar's mansion the day the film version of Leno came out in theatres. It was great, lots of people showed up including Jay Leno himself. The food was fantastic and everything was amazing. There were several props from the movie on display. We also showed everyone our latest addition to the Jay Leno Playtime Friend range of toys, the Singalong Jay Playtime Friend which sings songs from the stage and film version of Leno.
And finally...

10. The production in general. Leno was such a fun production to do, we had a lot of fun making it. Both the stage and film version were a lot of fun to do. There's quite a lot of funny and facinating stories we like to tell people about the production including some behind the scenes trivia and some anecodotes. The production was so succesful both as a stage show and a film that it won several awards. Jay himself gave me lots of praise for my portrayal as him.

No comments:

Post a Comment