Tuesday 24 November 2009

Jay

I really like Jay Leno. He's severe underrated as a performer. A lot of people seem to think that he isn't funny at all but he's actually really funny doing stand-up as well as doing monologues.


We've been friends with him for a long long time. We've attended quite a lot of tonight show with Jay Leno episode tapings, there's this rather nice woman we met while waiting in line her name is Glozell- she's a huge Jay fan- she knows all there is to know about him. We've met Jay numerous times- he's a superb guy- knows a lot about cars. Sometimes we would be often seen making appearances in the Jaywalking segments, we're the only ones who answer Jay's trivia questions correctly, in case you had a hard time spotting us, my brother is the one wearing the t shirt with the picture of Jack Nicholson in The Shining on it, and I'm the one wearing the sunglassess and the shirt with a picture of the Little Jay cartoon character on it. We attended his first run as host of the tonight show as well as his last one and on that day we gave him a special present- a special Friends Forever Jay Leno Playtime Friend- the rarest one in our Jay Leno Playtime Friend range of cuddly electronic Jay toys. Jay gave me lots of praise for my portrayal of him in the production Leno- he liked it a lot- he liked both the film and stage versions. When we made an appearance on his show to promote the film version of Leno, we showed some clips from the film and I held up a still picture of me as him- Jay himself said the likeness was uncanny. And it's true the likeness was uncanny, I looked very convincing in the Jay makeup so convincing in fact that some people mistook me for the real Jay. No one could tell it was me. I had a little fun once while filming it, I went around town in the Jay makeup and costume pretending to be like the real Jay and I interviewed some people- it was a whole lot of fun. I'd have to say that my favourite part of producing and starring in Leno was that I got to play multiple parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment