Tuesday 20 October 2009

R.I.P Big guy

This halloween, John Candy would have been 59. As you all know me and my brother are big fans of John's, we even met him once- we had a really nice time. You know that song parody we did about him that was requested by Andria? Well everything in it was based on a true story. And much like Beauty And The Beast it is a tale as old as time. In fact it's one of the many stories we like to tell people. Me and my brother are really good when it comes to storytelling and so is our mascot Chumsley the werejohncandy. Disney used to be such a wholesome company but now unfortunately all that comes out of it now are the Jonas Brothers, HSM, Hannah Montana and various other teen pop rejects.

Beauty And The Beast, Hunchback Of Notre Dame, The Lion King, Aladdin, Hercules, Emperor's New Groove are some of our favourites. We also like oldies like Snow White, Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty. I like the Rescuers Down Under because John Candy is the voice of Wilbur the Albatross.

My personal favourite live action Disney film is Cool Runnings because it's got John Candy in it and it's a very inspiring and uplifting movie. I love Irv's speech near the end where he tells Derice that winning isn't everything, and also the scene where the team is training for the olympics.

Our favourite Pixar movies are Toy Story/Toy Story 2 (can't wait for Toy Story 3), Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, A Bugs Life, Wall-E, and The Incredibles- we haven't seen Up yet.

My favourite Disney songs are usually the Villain Songs, especially the Gaston song from Beauty And The Beast which is really funny (the version on the soundtrack, Cruella's favourite villain songs cd and on the classic disney volume 5 cd has those dummy lyrics where Lefou tries to spell Gaston's name) and is the one song that seems to be stuck in my head, most of the time I can be often heard humming it.


Here is a link to my photobucket album which has photomorphs of me becoming John Candy and some of his characters. There's even part of a werejohncandy sequence, mainly a hand morph of my hand becoming like Chumsley's and also a face morph of my face becoming a werejohncandy face.

http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr276/DrMusic22/John%20Candy%20Morphs/

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your memorial to John Candy, Doc, and I remember the parody I requested. It's a shame that some of the people on AmIRight had to give it all 1s, likewise with everything else you wrote. And exactly why did your brother Dr Critic get my comment on your parody (I can't remember which one) removed about 2 years ago, saying "At least we got rid of Andria.... (I can't remember what came after that), and also compared me to Limburger cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't think that was him that said that about you. It was deffenately Tony Clifton who said that.

    ReplyDelete