Saturday 26 June 2010

Favourite movie director

Here's a question for you all -   who is your favourite movie director?  I'll tell you who mine are -  I love John Landis,   George Lucas,   Joe Dante,   John Carpenter,  Wes Craven,   Ron Howard,  Tim Burton,  Peter Jackson ,  the late John Hughes and Sam Raimi.   If you're with the superhero movie fan crowd you might know that Sam directed the Spiderman films - but if you're with the horror fan crowd you might know that ol Sammy is a close personal friend and collaborator of Bruce Campbell.    Bruce made a cameo at the end of the first Darkman film as the last disguise that the main protagonist puts on before he goes into the crowd (in the end credits it says Final Shemp -  a three stooges homage that Sam put in there). 

If you like gory films like Evil Dead and Peter Jackson's early films then you might want to check out Andria's blog,   I have been there lots of times and I am impressed by the work she has done and I hope that she keeps it up.

Also getting back to Sam Raimi,  i'd like to add that I was disapointed when I heard he was not going to be directing the 4th Spidey film.   As we had heard that Bruce was in talks to play Mysterio in it,  which I thought would be facinating - to see him playing an evil villain.   

Also interestingly enough Bruce is the voice of Lobster Johnson in Hellboy:  The Science Of Evil.   And the director of the two Hellboy films is thinking of having that character appear in the third film and is considering Bruce to play that part.


No comments:

Post a Comment