Monday 14 June 2010

Favourite music style

I've got a question for you all -  what is your favourite kind of music to listen to?


My personal favourite kind of music is 70's/80's/90's pop or rock, my favourite bands are Kiss, David Bowie, Metallica, Cher, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Air Supply, Phil Colins, Tenacious D, Iron Maiden, Elton John, Meat Loaf, Rolling Stones, and Duran Duran. I like rock ballads a lot especially anything by Meat Loaf - with Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad being my absolute favourite.




I'm not too fond of rap or and I loathe any song from the High School Musical films and any song by Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers.



My absolute favourite songwriter is Jim Steinman - the songs he wrote with Meat Loaf are genius and also rather beautiful and poetic.



Of course i like classical music sometimes too especially the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. On my playlists i sometimes have a lot of movie or tv themes on there as well - one of them had the theme from Batman: The Animated Series along with two versions of the epic theme tune from Gargoyles (including the one from The Goliath Chronicles).'



For a spooky halloween type mood i have a playlist of horror movie themes such as the theme from the theme from Jaws or the theme from Nightmare On Elm Street.

1 comment:

  1. Those are good too. I also like comedy albums such as anything by Weird Al Yankovich as well as George Carlin or Rodney Dangerfield.

    ReplyDelete