Saturday 8 August 2009

John Candy Tribute

This post is a tribute to an old friend of ours the late John Candy.



He was more than just an actor to some. He was a very lovable big guy famous for characters like Buck Russell, Del Griffith, Dewey "Ox" Oxberger, and Irv Blitzer. We loved his movies a lot. We also enjoyed working with him. During the early 80's he was the voice of our mascot Chumsley the werejohncandy- appearing in various animated shorts and PSA's. He taught us to live and love. He really did enjoy life to the fullest.


We have plenty of fun memories to share but the one we remember most is when we met him- it's just like that John Henry song parody we did on Amiright. In fact that song parody is based on a true story. Chumsley Saves Christmas is probably our favourite animated short film featuring him as the voice of Chumsley.

John Candy was a legend and we loved him ever so much.

Rest in peace buddy, you were an inspiration to us all.

"And even as I wander

I'm keeping you in sight

You're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night

I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

I can't fight this feeling anymore

I've forgotten what i started fighting for.

It's time to bring this ship down to the shore

And throw away the oars forever

Because I can't fight this feeling anymore

I've forgotten what i started fighting off

And even if I have to crawl upon on the floor

or come crashing through your door

I can't fight this feeling anymore . " - Reo Speedwagon, Can't Fight This Feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment