Tuesday 18 August 2009

Leno

As many of you all know- our production of Leno was without a doubt one of the most sucessful shows we've ever done. The movie version was also pretty great. I think the most fun part of it was playing all those different characters as well as Jay. Of course both the stage and film versions were good. The Chintastic Extended 2-Disc Edition on Bluray and DVD has tons of bonus features including a clip of our appearance on the Tonight Show and some hillarious commentary done by me as Jay. My portray of Jay won me several awards and Jay himself even praised my performance. One time while we were filming a scene for the film version I actually had a little fun and I went around town in the Jay Leno makeup and costume pretending to be like the real Jay- no one could tell it was me- the makeup was just so well done and realistic. Again, I really love pulling off costume stunts like that.

Some differences between the stage and film versions:

  • The stage version has additional songs including two Villain Sucks songs - one called Cold Hard Woman which was about Helen Kushnic and Those Darn Executives which was about the tv executives. These are never included in the film version but are included in the special extended edition.
  • In the stage version Beyondo's eyes are a bluish glow while in the film they are greenish.
  • In the stage version during the opening number young Jay is seen wearing glassess but in the film version he isn't.
  • In the stage version the love song Jay sings to Mavis is kind of like Is This Love by White Snake while in the film version it's like Oh Sherrie Amor by Stevie Wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment