Thursday 11 March 2010

Bruce VS The Weregrinch part 2

This is second part, please enjoy.

----------

Bruce's friends followed their now weregrinchified friend to the woods and began to figure out what to do next..




"We'e got to find a way to cure Bruce and turn him back to his normal ass kicking self." Todd said.



"I know. There's got to be something in one of these books that may have the answer we're looking for." Jake stated.



Just then the friends heard a growling sound coming from nearby...



"Did you hear that?" Paulie asked.



"I most certainly did. It sounds like the growl of a weregrinch to me." Brian replied.



The growling sound came closer and closer..



The creature that was making the growling sound leaped out of the bushes and snarled at them..



"Bruce is that you?" Cara inquired.



"Yes, it is me! It is me, Bruce. That grinch-like creature's bite turned me into a weregrinch." The creature responded in a voice that sounded much deeper than normal.



"Oh thank goodness. I thought you were going to try and kill us or something." Todd sighed.



"Relax guys, i'd never do anything like to you guys, you're my pals." Bruce the weregrinch assured them.





"Oh Bruce. What has happened to you?" Cara asked. "You look all grinch-like."



"I got bitten by a grinch-like creature and now I'm a weregrinch." Bruce the weregrinch replied.



"Hmm...this is just like in that movie Curse Of The Weregrinch. The award winning horror comedy directed by horror writer John Blackmane." Jake said.



"Yeah. What happened?" Bruce asked.



"Well..the movie won several oscars and was voted Best Original Werecreature Themed Movie by Fangoria Magazine." Jake replied. "I felt it was quite entertaining and the transformation sequence was really good."



Bruce then slapped Jake..



"In the MOVIE, Jake. What happened in the MOVIE?" Bruce responded.



"Well...the main character gets attacked by a grinch-like creature two nights before Xmas eve and turns into a weregrinch the night after. So the main character's friends have to find a way to turn him back to normal." Jake told him.



"How did they do it?" Bruce asked.



"Well they did find a spell or something that might have helped him, i'm not sure if it. I did some research on it." Jake replied.



"Great. Tell me more about it in the morning." Bruce added, smiling.



----



The next morning, Bruce and his friends sat down while Jake explained how the spell works.



"So, let's see it in action." Bruce exclaimed.



"Okay then. Stand in that green circle there." Jake told him.



Bruce stood in the green cycle as Jake said the incarnation which activated the spell



"Will this spell work?" Bruce inquired.



"Of course it will. Most spells of this calabre do work perfectly." Jake replied.



The spell took effect immediatley..as Bruce began to glow and levitate in the air..



"Okay why am I levitating? Am I going super sayain or something?" Bruce quipped.



"Nah. It's just the spell working it's ways on you. Just let it flow." Jake told him.



"Oh alright if you insist." Bruce responded.



When the spell had finished Bruce stepped out of the circle..



"Yes! It worked!" Jake exclaimed.



"That's good. So did it cure me?" Bruce asked.



"Well i've got good news, and i've got bad news. Do you want the good news or the bad news?" Jake answered.



"Both." Bruce responded. "I can handle it."



"Well the good news is the spell worked, the bad news is that you're not cured of your weregrinchism." Jake informed him. "Even though that spell worked, it wasn't one to cure you of your condition, it was one to help you control your transformations."



"What!?" Bruce shouted. "Aren't there usually cures for curses like this?"



"Well yes Bruce, but unfortunately weregrinchism is very uncurable. There have been lots and lots of cures mentioned in myths, movies and comics, but none of them are that affective." Jake responded.



"Have you EVER tried doing any of those?" Bruce asked.



"Well not really...but I could give it a shot." Jake replied.



So for the next several hours, Jake tried the various different methods of 'curing' weregrinchism, but to no avail..



"Well, those ones didn't work." He sighed.



"What about the elixirs?" Bruce responded, pointing to a box of elixir's.



"I tried those on you too Bruce, but sadly they didn't work." Jake told him. "Looks like your condition is uncurable."



"You mean i'm going to be stuck with this curse forever and EVER? Oh great." Bruce sighed.



"Well yes. But thanks to that spell...you should be able to control your transformations into weregrinch form. Just try not to get angry or jealous." Jake responded.



"Why is that?" Bruce asked.



"Well...much like the Hulk, a person who has been scratched by a grinch of some kind will transform into a grinch themselves if they get angry or jealous. This also goes for weregrinches, like you Bruce." Jake replied.



"I see. But what will my fans think of me? I mean will they WANT to admire me now that I turn into a weregrinch every night?" Bruce inquired.



"Your fans love you Bruce, and they will always love you no matter what happens." He assured his friend.



"Okay. So how long am I going to be a weregrinch for?" Bruce asked.



"Well..Bruce, since your condition seems to be uncurable. My estimate is that you're going to be a weregrinch for a long long time, practically forever." He replied.



"And how long will it take to make an actual working cure?" Bruce asked.



"Well the most well known "cure" for weregrinchism is an ancient, elabrate recipe which involves various odd ingredients such as toad's eyes, rat tails, and tears. The recipes takes about 10 maybe 15 years to perfect and over 25 weeks to make." Jake replied. "So basically it's going to take about 20-50 weeks to get it all done."



"WHAT? Twenty to fifty weeks? I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!" Bruce growled, picking his friend up by the neck. His eyes glowing an eerie yellowish colour and green fur starting to sprout on his palms, fingernails starting to grow into claws..



"Please calm down Bruce, you're starting to frighten me." Jake said, quivering.



"Oh sorry." Bruce said.



He calmed down and turned back to normal.



"Yeesh. You scared me there Bruce. That was scarier than the time you turned into a deadite." He exclaimed.



"I'm sorry. I just didn't know what came over me." Bruce told him.



"Maybe it was your grinch-like instincts and urges starting to take over. You see each night, said person who becomes a weregrinch slowly becomes more and more grinch-like every night. But if you manage to keep yours under control than it probably won't affect you." Jake explained to him.



"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Bruce asked, curiously.



"Well in some cases it's usually a very bad thing. But....in your case it might be a good thing." He replied.



"And why is that?" Bruce quipped.



"Well...grinches have amazing superhuman abilities such as super strength, immortality, enhanced agility and stealth, super keen senses, and not to mention they're very powerful and imtimidating." He explained.



"Groovy." Bruce said. "On second thought I don't wish to be cured."



"Oh, and why is that?" Jake asked.



"Because being a weregrinch isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I could get used to this." Bruce replied, smiling.



"Maybe we could find out about the weregrinch that bit you." He added.



"That sounds like a good idea. But who do we know who is an expert on grinch related things or anything green in general?" Bruce asked.



"Hey Bruce. I think I know just the guy. Does the name Ace Ventura ring a bell?" He replied.



"Isn't it the role that made that rubberfaced canadian comedian the star he is today?" Bruce inquired.



"Yeah that's the one. I know I've seen that comedian somewhere. But I can't remember his name." He responded.



"I think I know. It's Jim Carrey isn't it?" Bruce added.



"Yes it is. How did you know that?" He asked.



"I starred with him in the Majestic. And he's pretty good. Even though when he's doing a comic role he usually chews more scenery than me." Bruce replied. "He's the guy we're looking for. He might have some answers."



"Yeah. We'll invite him over later and ask him a few questions." He told him.



"Sounds good to me." Bruce said, smiling.



And so Bruce and his friends sat around the house thinking of a plan..

----------



Will their plan work? Will Bruce be turned back to normal or decide to stay as a weregrinch in the end?



Find out in part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment