Saturday 27 March 2010

Leno song

The whole me getting banned from amiright thing was not really my fault as you already know. Im innocent of all charges. My ban was unfair and unjust. For I am not such a bad person, I am just misuderstood. It was the work of a mysterious person by the name of Annie Are You Okay. Me and my brother had ALWAYS been huge Jay Leno fans, having met the guy several times- almost every day- we're close friends. But Annie's little parody kind of ruined that. Her parody titled Leno- which is a parody of Luka by Suzanne Vega was supposedly about Jay but it kind of creeped us out. It had kind of a horror movie vibe to it. It kind of made us think differently about our close pal Mr Leno. It kind of made us think that he was evil and out to get us. The song gave us nightmares for weeks- and in them Jay was out to get us. We got all worked up because of that song- it kept us up awake at night. But we forgive her for writing that song.





Here's a couple of things we thought were wrong with it:





•The lyrics. The lyrics were a tad on the creepy side and most of the stuff wasn't even remotely true. "My name is Leno, i’m a late night talk show hostI have some crazy fans, Prob’ly have seen some of their posts. They watch too much TV at night. And speculate on my future plight. Think they need a few more meds. Think they need a few more meds.Think they need a few more meds. I think they’re tad obsessive. Frankly they all frighten me I mean, I know I’m impressive, but really man can't you see?". Now the REAL Jay Leno would never say ANYTHING like that about us (because we're his closest pals, we can be frequently seen in the background during the Jaywalking segments, my brother's the one wearing the t shirt with Jack Nicholson doing the Heeeere's Johnnny face on it, i'm the one wearing the one with our company logo on the back). And as for the "I know i'm impressive" line, the real Jay would never say that- he's not THAT vain.

•The portrayal of Jay. The characterisation of Jay in this song is NOTHING like the real Jay at all. Come to think of it, this one is a litte TOO EVIL. It's like she turned him into a vampire. Which ironically inspired my portrayal of Jay's evil twin/darkside Evil Jay in our production of Leno (I even wore a pair of fake fangs for that part).

•It makes me come across as a villain "If only they took some more time. To make random verses rhyme. Listen to Agrimorfee. Has a point, Agrimorfee. Listen to Agrimorfee". Okay, first of all, the real Jay knows nothing about Amiright or the people who run it so he would never say anything like that. Second of all that song makes me come across as a villain which I don't like. What is the author trying to tell the people reading it? Is the author trying to tell them that i am the ultimate evil and must be avoided like the plague? I don't like the sound of that.  And yes Agri is an intelligent man, and has a unique moniker which by the way is greek for parody - so if he were a greek god he'd be the god of musical parodies.

•The negative vibe. The song gave off a rather negative vibe about us and Jay. Especially the lyrics. Halfway through the song it goes like this: "I don’t think they’re okayWhen they write about my chin. Pretty sure there is no way. Their musical hits ol’ Broadway. Oh won’t you please leave me alone. Oh please god just throw me a bone. Get these wackos off the site. Get these wackos off the site. Get these wackos off the site." Most of those happen to be things that the REAL Jay Leno would never say or think about us. We know him and have met him several times, we went on his show to promote our production Leno- we even showed a clip from the film version that also came out that same month. Jay was VERY touched by my portrayal of him, he said it was very heartwarming and charming. He gave him praise for the role. I won a Tony for it. Secondly, the real Jay Leno doesn't mind chin-jokes, he's been taking it on the chin for years (no pun intended) and it's the in the title of his autobiography...Leading With My Chin. His lantern jaw of justice is his most famous feature- he even pokes fun of it on the Fairly Odd Parents where he is the voice of a superhero named Crimson Chin. The only time I remember him being peeved off by a chinjoke or something similar was when someone sent in a picture of Flabber from Beetleborgs in a monday headlines segment. As for the "pretty sure there is no way, that their musical hits ol broadway" line- it was already on Broadway by the time that song was written. In fact it was one of the most popular productions we've ever done, it had already sold out in theatres. And the film version that came out a couple of weeks later that month won several awards at the local film festival. When we premiered the film version at the film festival- Jay Leno himself showed up as one of the guests. The author obviously didn't see it- we think she should have given it a chance- because Leno really was and is our most inspirational, uplifting production. And secondly, the real Jay would never ever tell us to leave him alone or that we frighten him or anything like that- we know him, he's a nice guy. He's a great guy. He's one of the most underrated comics of all time. That song doesn't do him justice. It makes him come across as some sort of vampire or something. And also the real Jay doesn't even know about Amiright as I stated before, so there's no way he would ever say THAT.

•The creepiness of it. The song in general was pretty creepy especially the lyrics and how Jay was potrayed. And most of the song is an attack parody directed to me anyway. And yet ol Chucky let this one go through undetected- I'm surprised he hasn't had Red Ant get rid of it yet. The lyrics say stuff like "Dr Music sounds pretty dumb" "I bet he can't do either one" which aren't true- I'm rather intelligent and I was able to pull off the role of Jay AND his tonight show characters. You should have seen the Great Beyondo I Am song number- the special effects were amazing. In the film version it's almost like Beyondo is coming at ya in 4-d. Annie's parody in general was pretty creepy and a little TOO MUCH like something Alice Cooper would sing about. The fact she was able to make almost the entirety of it a Villain Sucks song about me and have it go passed Chucky G's censors undetected is amazing, but it seems to me that she didn't do the research before writing it. Me, Chinstar, and my brother are the leading Leno experts- we know everything there is to know about the guy. And also we're the only ones who answer the questions right on Jaywalking. The song creeped the hell out of me, it gave me nightmares.

•This song doesn't feel like a proper Jay tribute song at all. It doesn't do him justice. If she wanted to do a good Jay tribute song- she could just done a parody of the Gaston song from Beauty And The Beast. That's what we did for one of the songs in the film version.

•Again, the lyrics. We have the original song, but the one we have doesn't have lyrics- it's just sort of an 1980's techno/trance disco track. We heard the original song on the radio once, it sounded more uplifting then the depressing parody Annie wrote. The rather depressing tone to the parody made it more like a horror movie than anything else. That's why our friend Werejoshpeckprince put it under the New Media examples on the Nightmare Fuel page on TVTropes. Because it had heavy nightmare fuel elements with Paranoia Fuel thrown in. Now we're not OBSESSED with Jay in anyway, but we absolutely hate it when something or someone ruins his reputation and makes him look bad- which is why we didn't like Artistic Roll Call by comedian Bill Hicks. The song made Jay look bad. Which is unnacceptable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment